I provide writing services to visual artists who are applying for exhibitions, grants, residencies, as well as standard artist documentation.
- Artist Statements
- Artist Bios
- Cover Letters and Other Correspondence
- Exhibition Proposals
- Grant Proposals
Review, Editing, and Revision of Existing Work
- Artist Statement, Bio, and CV: $250
- Grant and Project Proposals: $65/hour (two hour minimum)
Writing from Scratch
- Bio: $150
- Artist Statement: $300
- CV: $100
- Proposals: $65/hour (two hour minimum)
- Cover Letters and Correspondence: $60/hour (one hour minimum)
How the Process Works
I am a firm believer that artists are the best spokespeople for their work. To help me understand your work, you will fill out a questionnaire that will provide me with the "bones" of your story. From there, and through follow-up questions, I will develop a draft for your review. Hopefully you will be thrilled with the first draft but if not, I will go back to the drawing board until you are!
I require a deposit of half of the estimated final bill to begin a project, and the remainder is due at the time of completion.